Ms. Katalin's Class : December
Hello all! Here is an update with things going on at school.
What’s been happening in our class?
· Parent-teacher conferences were a great success. Thank you all for making the time to come in and share information with us about your child. I am sure it was fun for you also to hear about what your child does in class. Once again, please remember if you ever have a question or concern, please feel free to call us at school or set up an appointment.
· Over the last few weeks the children were introduced to a lot of new materials. One of the most popular so far is clementine peeling which replaced pumpkin scrubbing. In addition, the practical life section was expanded by adding materials to further practice fine motor skills such as: wooden fruit and vegetable cutting, dreidel spinning, and pouring water for snack. The sensorial section now has activities such as: button shape and color sorting. The language section includes: new puzzles, more language cards, and object matching/naming. On one side of the easel the children have been busy painting using one color. The children seem to be thrilled with the new activities and are busier now more than ever.
· We will continue to recycle in the classroom. We turn off our lights when we leave the classroom, we try not to put any food or water in the garbage, and we recycle plastic cups, and water our plants with our left over drinking water. We will try to improve recycling in our school and adopt a way of life that has the lowest impact on the environment. We can learn the basic rules from a very young age and achieve impressive results. We will keep you posted
· We continue with our PBIS (Positive Behavior Intervention and Support) curriculum. We are supporting children by reinforcing our structure in the hallways in regard to using our soft voices and walking. This works towards respect of others. Please help us to remind the children during arrival and dismissal.
What lies ahead?
· Please join us for our holiday party in the gym and classroom on Thursday, December 19th at 10:30 AM. It is the sing along plus decorating the gingerbread houses and a visit from Santa.
· Last day of school is December 20th, school reopens on Thursday, January 2nd.
We wish you a happy holiday season and all the best for the New Year!
Katalin, Janet and Siobhan