Ms. Lauren's Class : March
Week of March 3rd-13th
The children had a lot of fun with our Valentine’s and “Going to bed” themes. They loved coming in their pajamas and bringing in their favorite stuffed animal or blanket. They also enjoyed sharing valentines with their friends, making a starry night and doing activities with stars!
For the next two weeks we will be exploring and learning about transportation. We will explore different vehicles such as cars, buses, boats, planes, trains and what vehicles go on the road, air and water. We will make car tracks, paint the ocean, and make different vehicles such as cars, planes, buses and boats. We will also make transportation snacks and do movement activities.
Our theme will be Transportation.
Vocabulary words we are using:
· Cars, tracks, water/ocean, boats, planes, trains, buses, transportation, traffic light, road.
· Wednesday music, gym time and yoga
· obstacle course and yoga with Carolyn (OT)
We are reading:
· “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse; Toon Car Road Trip”
· “Zoom, Zoom Baby” by Karen Katz
· “I Love Trucks” by Philemon Sturges
· The students will make car tracks with small toy cars and white paint on black paper.
· The students will make different vehicles out of paper with different collage materials and paint or dot markers.
· The students will make the ocean or water on big paper as a group
We are singing:
· “The Wheels on the Bus”
The wheels on the bus go round and round
Round and round, round and round, the wheels
On the bus go round and round
All through the town!
The horn goes beep, beep, beep
The wipers go swish, swish, swish
The babies go wah, wah, wah
The doors on the bus go open and shut
· “Row, Row, Row Your Boat”
Row, Row, Row your boat
Gently down the stream
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
Life is but a dream
· “I’m a Little Airplane” (tune to “I’m a Little Teapot”)
I’m a little airplane, way up high
With my great big silver wings, watch me fly
When the pilot tells me, I’ll come down
Swooping and gliding to the ground!
We are cooking/eating: Making transportation snacks with fruit and graham crackers
· Exploring with cornmeal in the sensory table with toys cars to make tracks
· Playdough to make cars with plastic pieces that you put into the Playdough
You can follow through with this theme at home by-
· Read the story, “The Wheels on the Bus” or other transportation stories at home
· Using vocabulary words listed above
· Practice knowing that a car or a bus goes on the road, the airplane goes in the sky and a boat goes in the water.
· Pretend to be different vehicles
· With the cold weather please be sure to dress your child to go outside. We try to get out as much as we can.
· Check backpack and notebooks for notices and notes
· Label all clothing
· School closed Wednesday March 11 for staff Day!
Have a good week! Ms. Lauren, Head Teacher