Ms. Megan's Class : December
December 2-20, 2019
We hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
This month’s theme is…Gingerbread and Winter Holidays!
● This month’s nature visit will be on Tuesday December 17th!
● We will be having our holiday party on Friday December 20th from 3:00-3:30. Please save the Date!
Vocabulary words we are using: gingerbread, brown, cookies, bake, dreidel, menorah, present, latkes, ornament, wreath, tree, stocking, lights, bells
Movement: Kelly will be leading a Gingerbread themed obstacle course
We are reading:
"Maisy Makes Gingerbread" By: Lucy Cousins
"Where is Baby’s Dreidel?" By: Karen Katz
"Where is Baby’s Christmas Present?" By: Karen Katz
● The children will decorate a large paper gingerbread house as a group with a variety of art materials such as dot paints for gum drops and cotton balls for snow
● The children will decorate a gingerbread man with their photo on it with pompoms and
glitter glue. The house and gingerbread men will decorate our bulletin
● The children will paint a dreidel with paintbrushes with a choice of blue or
● The children will make handprint menorahs
● The children will peel and stick holiday stickers
● The children will use their fingerprints to make a strand of llights on paper
● The children will explore art materials such as crayons, markers, and dot paints
to make a holiday colors collage
We are singing:
5 Gingerbread Men
Five gingerbread men lying on a tray
One jumped up and ran away
Shouting, “Catch me, catch me, catch me if you can”
I run really fast, I’m the Gingerbread Man!
(Please also see holiday songs sheet)
We are cooking/eating:
● Tala will be making gingerbread play doh with the class
● Kelly will be making holiday slime with the class
In our sensory bin: We have red and green rice that the children can sit in.
You can follow through with this theme at home by...
● Using vocabulary words listed above
● Reading books listed above
● Practice singing our holiday songs
We hope you have a wonderful holiday season!!!