Ms. Megan's Class : January
January 27 - February 7, 2020
This week’s theme is…Polar Bear, Polar Bear!
This month’s nature visit will be on Tuesday, February 4th!
Vocabulary words we are using:
Polar bear, lion, hippo, flamingo, zebra, snake, elephant, leopard, peacock, walrus
Movement: Kelly will be conducting a simple obstacle course to jump onto a crash mat, crawl through a tunnel, and reach for a picture of an animal from the story.
We are reading: Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear? By: Bill Martin Jr. and Eric Carle
● The students will pull and stick/glue cotton balls to a polar bear cut out.
● The students will color and dot paint a paper plate that will be cut into a swirly snake.
● The students will create a peacock using their foot and handprints.
● The students will create a lion by gluing googly eyes to a yellow circle, and adding shredded brown paper for the mane.
We are singing:
Polar bear, polar bear, turn around
Polar bear, polar bear, touch the ground
Polar bear, polar bear, dance on your toes
Polar bear, polar bear, touch your nose
Polar bear, polar bear, show your paws
Polar bear, polar bear hide your claws
Polar bear, polar bear, say goodnight
Polar bear, polar bear, close your eyes tight
We are cooking/eating: A polar bear snack made from a rice cake, cream cheese, bananas, and mini chocolate chips
In our sensory bin: Shredded blue and white paper with arctic and ocean animals. The children can search for the animals in the paper and play with them.
You can follow through with this theme at home by...
● Using vocabulary words listed above
● Reading Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear?
● Duplicating art projects
● Singing and following movements to the song listed above
Have a great week!